Study the information about use of the definite article.
1. We use "the" in the phrase: the same.
We live in the same street.
2. We use the definite article with these words: the sun/ the moon/ the sky/ the sea/ the country/ the world.
The sun is shining today.
The world is full of different people.
3. We use "the" with: the police, the army, the fire brigade.
Let's call the police. The situation is dangerous.
4. The definite article is used in these phrases: the top/ the end/ the middle/ the left/ the right/ the bottom.
The table is in the middle of the room.
5. We say the radio, but television is used without article.
I listen to the radio a lot.
What's on television tonight?